We have so much furniture in our homes like tables, cabinets, and so much more with amazing fine finishes. These finishes make wood look warm and bright giving it a beautiful look. But the outdoor wood furniture is always in the sun and the harmful radiation from the sun damages the furniture.
Also, rain and moisture in the air make the wood swell. But, with the help of the best finish for outdoor wood furniture, you can get rid of this issue. These finishes help the wood to survive in such bad weather conditions. It is a must to renew the finishes because maintenance is the key factor for outdoor wood finishes.
List Of 12 Best Finish For Outdoor Wood Furniture
The finish you choose for your outdoor wood furniture must stand up to water and sun. While searching through the market for the best finish for outdoor wood furniture, you may find several options. Balancing practicality and budget with premium quality, we have listed the top-rated wood finishes that are in-trend nowadays.
Go through the list to find the one up to your needs!
1. Howard SWAX16 Sun Shield – Best For Teak and Tropical Woods
It protects the outdoor and indoor wood furniture as well. This finish prevents the wood from further discoloration and fading away. The harmful rays from the sun and other bad weather conditions make it difficult for the wood to retain its original look.
For maintaining the natural look this finish is the best. This finish contains carnauba wax, beeswax, and orange oil. It is best for teak and other tropical woods. It smells good.
- Has the good smell
- Easy to apply and easy to clean
- It gives a rich and original color to the wood
- Contains UV absorbers so that protects against these harmful rays
2. Star Brite Premium Golden Teak Oil – Best Finish For Outdoor Wood Furniture
It contains Tung oil polymers to prevent teak and other fine woods. The Best Finish Wood Furniture is best UV absorbers to protect the wood from harmful rays, rain, and moisture. It is easy to use and can dry fast. It gives warm and fine color to the wood. It is from the USA. It provides the best protection for outdoor wood furniture.
- Contains Tung oil polymers
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Have UV absorbers
- Best for outdoor furniture
- Made in the USA
- Dries in a very short time
3. Total Boat Lust Marine Varnish – Best For Households & Marine Wood
It gives a clear and warm look to the furniture. It is durable & considered the Best Finish For Outdoor Wood Furniture because it is highly resistant to UV rays and moisture. It contains high build formula and dries fast. This property allows multiple coats in a single day. When wood expands or contracts it does not crack or peel off. It is best for households as well as marine woods. It is available in high gloss or matte loo.
- High resistance against UV rays
- Suitable for extreme weather conditions
- It Covers 360 to 400 square feet per gallon.
- 6 to 8 coats are required
4. Total Boat Halcyon Marine Varnish – Best For Both Indoor & Outdoor
It allows the wood to expand and contract in extreme weather conditions. It is highly resistant to moisture and rain. It is for both indoor and outdoor furniture. It is easy to apply with a cloth or a foam brush. It has water-based formula so that is easy to clean.
- Dries fast almost in a day
- It is best for extreme weather and has resistance to UV rays
- It is very simple and easy to use
- It does not create any mess by wasting the product
- It is not available in a 4-quart size
5. Minwax 70012444 Wood Finish – Best For Unfinished Wood Funiture
It comes in 28 amazing colors. It is an oil-based stain and adds beauty to the surface of the wood. It seems to be best for the unfinished wood furniture. It reaches inside the wood to give it a natural look. And it is simple to say that it is America’s favorite best finish for outdoor wood furniture as well as indoor furniture.
- Have various colors
- Easy to use on unfinished wood as well
- Gives a natural look to furniture
- Comes in quart size
6. HOPE’S 100% Pure Tung Oil – Best For All Surfaces
Tung oil is the best natural oil for all softwoods. It covers the wood surface so well that it starts to look like a part of the wood. It is resistant to humidity in the air and also to UV rays. It is easily applicable. It is for almost every surface from unfinished wood to concrete floors. It applies to the cutting boards as well because it is non-toxic.
- Very easy to use
- Penetrates deep inside the wood to give it a natural look
- Has UV absorber and is resistant towards moisture
- It is for various surfaces other than wood
- It is non-toxic and dries quickly
7. Minwax 63005444 Fast Drying – Best For Both Finished & Unfinished Furniture
It provides beauty and protection to both indoor and outdoor furniture. It gives the most durable protection to the wood. It is for both unfinished and finished wood. It has the most durable nature that makes it perfect to use on all types of woods.
- Dries within few hours
- For both finished and unfinished wood
- Applicable to almost all wood surfaces
- It is highly durable
- It gives a beautiful look to the wood
8. Rust-Oleum 207008 – Best For Ideal Finish
This is the Best Finish For Outdoor Wood Furniture above the water surface. Its oil-based formula allows it to expand or contract during bad weather. It dries in almost less than 2 hours. It leaves a glossy and beautiful look on your furniture. Catalina Island does not allow its sale.
- It has UV resistant property
- It is crystal clear varnish and gives your wood a natural look
- The double coating is required
- Covers up to 150 square feet
9. Star Brite Premium Teak – Best For All Teak Surfaces
It beautifies and protects marine teak. It is for almost all teak surfaces because it does not contain any harmful chemicals. The kit contains almost all the products you need for varnish. The one convenient package gives cleaning, restoring, and protection to teaks of almost all types. It provides the best wood treatment for outdoor furniture.
- Contains no harmful chemicals
- Easy to use
- 3 in 1 package
- Gives beauty as well as protection to woods
10. Varathane 269400 Premium – Best For Durable Finish
It comes in various colors and is ideal for both indoor and outdoor wood furniture. It has an oil-based formula and penetrates inside the wood to give it a sophisticated natural look. It dries in 1 hour which is its best characteristic. It contains a high-performance stain system that increases with the Nano pigment particles.
- It increases the natural look of wood
- Covers up to 70 square feet
- Dries very quickly in almost 1 hour
- It is the Best Finish For Outdoor Wood Furniture and indoor wood furniture
11. Sunnyside Corporation 873G1 – Best For UV Protection
It gives wood and antiques a natural glowing look by deep penetrating. It applies to raw wood only. It provides the best UV protection for wood and can survive in bad weather conditions. This finish comes from the seed of the flax plant. It does not contain any harmful chemicals.
- Free from harmful chemicals
- Dries in 2 to 4 days
- High resistance against UV radiations and other weather conditions
- Reaches deep inside the wood and gives it a royal look
12. Guardsman Revitalizing Lemon – Best Easy To Use Oil
It uses the power of the lemon to clean the surface of the wood. It applies to the oiled wood surface only. It helps in retaining the natural look of the wood. It also consists of UV absorbers that protect against fading away and discoloration from sun rays. It is easy to use and is applicable with a soft cotton cloth. It is the best oil for outdoor wood furniture.
- Easy to apply
- Gives a natural look to the wood
- Penetrates deep inside the wood
- Great for almost every type of wood
Frequently Asked Question (FAQs)
The best finish for outdoor wood furniture needs to meet the specific standards for a longer span. Even if your furniture is of high-quality wood you need to apply the finish to make it look best.
There are so many finishes and this article provides you the best information related to these finishes. Even if you use ready-made furniture, you need to retouch it by taking care of it. Finishes are the best products for your outdoor furniture. Choose the best finish for wooden furniture that will last for years and years.