Skewers have variety, but most of the population uses wooden or metal skewers. The burning of wooden skewers is a common problem for everyone who prepares BBQ at home. And the metal skewers heat only while grilling. If you want to Stop Skewers From Burning On A BBQ then there are different techniques listed below!
There are different techniques to prevent wooden skewers from burning which are given as follows:
Always buy wooden skewers in bulk and put them into the freezer.
Before using wooden skewers, you must soak them for 20-25 minutes minimum before use, and comparatively bamboo skewers must soak overnight before use. If you do not soak skewers then your BBQ will take time to cook!
Use oven mittens to be safe from burning.
- While flipping the skewers, don’t hold on to the ends because they become fragile because of the heat on the barbecue.
- Flip/rotate skewers right after a few minutes to avoid burning.
- Try to use the long-length bamboo skewers as their end is far from the direct heat to Stop Skewers From Burning On A BBQ
- Don’t put so much heat, which leads to burning skewers.
- Use bamboo skewers because they are originated from a plant that is heat resistant.
While using wooden skewers, cook kebabs at 375℉ or 190℃ for 6-8 minutes and cubes must be evenly cut into pieces.
Thick skewers must be a priority to Stop Skewers From Burning On A BBQ. As there are 4-5 cubes of marinated meat and vegetables on the skewer, so maybe the chance of mid-break of the skewer. So, always buy a thick skewer with a sharp end as they are long-lasting and worth buying.
Kebabs can be grilled on gas, wood, and charcoal. Gas grilling is safe because it reduces the risk of starting a large fire. Use less wood or coal so as to Stop Skewers From Burning On A BBQ!